Mainframe Development Tools Engineer
Location: Warsaw, Poland
Model of cooperation: contract of employment
Project model: internal hiring
Holiday: 26 days days
Relocation package: Yes
Office hours: 7-19
Technologies used: Mainframe MVS, JCL, TSO, ISPF, REXX / PL/I / Assembler
Benefits: 1-2 day of remote work; A range of in-house training programs focused on personal effectiveness, leadership and management skills, presentation skills, and client coverage skills; Dedicated Talent Programs, which give our highest-potential employees the opportunity to accelerate their leadership development; Family-focused programs including maternity, paternity and adoption leave, childcare services and eldercare advice; Opportunities for health and wellness programs, and internal fitness centers; Internal cafeterias and staff restaurants; Employee discounts on various products and services; Competitive compensation packages.
- You hold University degree in Computer Science or equivalent qualifications.
- You are an open person with positive spirit and getting things done attitude.
- Fluent English written and spoken.
- You have at least 5 years of operational experience in a senior or technical leadership role.
- You have at least 5 years of experience with Mainframe MVS concepts, facilities, utilities, JCL -job control language, and cataloged procedures; experience with TSO-TCP segmentation offload and ISPF – Interactive System Productivity Facility. Experience with Eclipse is a plus.
- You have programming experience with one of the following: REXX or PL/I. Assembler knowledge is a plus.
- You demonstrate competence in software development and/or scripting.
- You have solid experience system engineering experience with Mainframe Development vendor products.
- Experience with Compuware vendor products is a plus.
- You have experience with working with different time zones and teams with dynamic strengths.
Project management framework: SCRUM
Soft skills: Ability to develop and maintain strong internal and client relationships; Experience working through organizational change, developing and implementing creative solutions and closely partnering with clients to regularly confirm expectations are met and value delivered.
Team size: 3 people
Company industry: Finance
Work place: Warsaw, city center
Project description: You will have an interesting position as Mainframe System Engineer with the responsibility to design, develop/install, customize, optimize and support our Mainframe Development products; You will have an opportunity to take a lead role in projects and provide technical expertise for product delivery including packaging, installation and configuration. Lead and participate in incident analysis and provide root cause updates to management; Testing and rollout of new versions of software ; Chance to define specifications for complex operating software applications and/or modify existing complex applications using engineering releases and utilities from the vendor. Design, develop or engineer, test and implement applications for multiple platforms and environments; Provide systems engineering support including release management, maintenance and break/fix ; Design, code, test, debug, and documents modifications to these programs; Writing user documentation including design docs, training materials and white papers; Perform other related duties as assigned or required. Provide technical mentorship to support staff ; Being part of this team gives the opportunity to collaborate with different teams worldwide and take part on high importance projects with company group wide range.
Project start date: ASAP
Project duration: Long-term
Hourly pay: Depends on your experience
Company website: www.gsservices.pl